Business owners are increasingly frustrated with digital agencies that don’t deliver what they promise. As a business owner, you need to be on the lookout for warning signs of “not so good” agencies so that you can avoid wasting your time and money. In this post, we’ll discuss some of the top warning signs that should make you reconsider doing business with one of these types of digital agencies.
- Digital agencies that outsource their work to other countries are not your best bet. Agencies that do this might be looking for cheaper labor or a more specific skill set, but in either case they’re cutting corners and those cut corners will come back to bite you later on. You want an agency who understands the nuances of your business and knows how to deliver on your needs.
- Agencies that don’t use analytics or track data are not worth their salt either. Agencies should be constantly monitoring the performance of a campaign, adjusting where needed and iterating for continued improvement. If an agency doesn’t seem interested in testing out new strategies and methods with you, it’s probably time to move on.
- Agencies that pressure you with high-pressure sales tactics are not worth your time either. They should be able to clearly articulate the value they add and why a business owner might want their services. If an agency can’t answer these questions without resorting to scare tactics, it’s probably best if you found a different agency.
- Agencies that don’t understand the business they’re pitching are also not worth your time or money. Agencies should be able to provide information on the value and benefits of their services, but also should have a clear understanding of what it is that you need. If they can’t articulate how or why they’re going to help your business grow, there’s no point in pursuing business with them.
- What can you do if your digital agency is not delivering on their promises? If a digital marketing agency isn’t living up to the hype, don’t be afraid to look elsewhere for help. There are many agencies out there who offer high quality services and would love the opportunity to work with you. It’s worth your time and money to do a little research and find the digital marketing agency that will be best for your business needs.
Remember, Rome wasn’t built in a day. You can start taking steps today to build the foundation of success for tomorrow, or you can wait until it’s too late. It’s important to note that every company has different needs when it comes to digital marketing services, so make sure you find someone who feels like they understand what works best for your business. If you want some help with strategy planning and execution, let us know! We’d love nothing more than to work closely with you as we grow together into future successes.